How the blog entries should be read

How the blog entries should be read
How to read the entries

Notice about Layout

The internet is a volatile technical space and changed immensely since the blog started in 2014 and some browser/device combinations now disrupt the layout of this blog. The data sequence is Burial/Memorial Location, followed by the Names. There is a blank space placed after the last name for clarity - but this doesn't work reliably anymore. The image above shows you how to to read entries in this blog

Saturday 26 December 2015

A correction...

On Boxing Day my twitter feed for this blog FWW on this day had a posting from @NZ_WWI about Private Frederick McReynolds.

As is my wont, I had a quick shuftie at the blog, and to my concern I discovered he wasn't there.  I do this occasionally as a control test for the data (although the blog is based on data at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission at the start of the anniversary in August 2014).

A quick look at CWGC's site confirmed that he was, as I had scheduled for 2016, listed as dying 1 year later.  I let the NZ team know, and they checked it out.

The story of that discover is detailed here: http://blog.measuringtheanzacs.org/2015/12/28/the-sad-story-of-frederick-mcreynolds/


So. We now list, on this day:

New Zealand: Auckland City WAIKARAKA PARK CEMETERY (1)
______________________________________________________
Private FREDERICK McREYNOLDS New Zealand Training Unit

No comments:

Post a Comment